Mustang Survival's line of Deluxe Inflatable PFD's combine the advanced safety of inflatable technology with new product enhancements such as a safety inspection window to easily tell users if the inflator is ready for use. The Velcro® closure makes it easy to wear and maintain while closing to the outside to reduce chafing around the neck and chest; neoprene Comfort Collar™ eliminates neck irritation. The MD3082 sports a manual inflation system and is light weight and close fitting to ensure it doesn't interfere with daily activities.
Made with an integrated sailing harness intended for attaching to boats with quick release under load tethers secured to both d-rings, the MD3082 is designed specifically for sailors frequenting rough weather. The MD3082 is a manual inflation system requiring the wearer to pull an activation cord to inflate the PFD.
Manually activated inflatable PFD's are inflated by pulling the inflation cord that hangs from the PFD at waist height. They will not inflate when they get wet or are immersed in water. Manually activated PFD's are a great choice for activities such as paddling, wade fishing and swimming where there is a reasonable chance you will end up in the water and are confident you will be able to pull the inflation cord when you need it. They are also ideal for situations where control over PFD inflation is desired.
The MD3082 PFD has been discontinued and replaced with MD3184 Automatic Inflatable with Sailing Harness and optional conversion cap to make it manual.
- Manual inflation when the activation cord is pulled
- Zippered pocket for keys, phone or license
- Safety inspection window allows user to inspect inflator status: green indicates inflator is ready for use
- Comfortable neoprene collar prevents neck irritation
- Durable 500 denier outer shell
- 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective tape
- High performance inflatable cell with 35 lbs. buoyancy when inflated is capable of self-righting a face down person in seconds
- Safety whistle
- SOLAS reflective tape for increased visibility in water
- All seams are welded and finished with additional reinforcemen
- Compact design lays flat against chest for freedom of movement
- Comfortable inflated and uninflated
- non-corrosive quick-release buckle
- Repacking is quick and easy
- Integrated sailing harness with high quality stainless steel rings that snap down on either side; exceeds ORC standards
- 1½" buckle
- Quick release buckle
- D-ring for tether attachment
- Re-arm with MA7114 kit
Approval: U.S.C.G. - UL1180 - Type V with Type III Performance - Inflatable PFD's 160.076